The Morning After
Although it drives millions of weblogs all over the world, WordPress is a powerful publishing platform that is increasingly being used to power online magazines and other news-driven Web sites; sites that fall outside the domain of ‘blogs’. Contrary to popular belief, WordPress isn’t just a ‘blogging application’. It can be (and is being) used for a whole lot more.
The Morning After is a magazine-style theme for WordPress created by Arun Kale. The theme was created based on a brief survey on the WordPress forums about what people would want to see in a unique magazine-style theme.
* Clean grid-based design
* Detailed documentation regarding installation, usage and customisation
* Support for WordPress widgets
* Three-column home page
* “Featured” post highlighting
* Associating images/thumbnails with recent posts (with automatic thumbnail generation)
* Customisable logo/header image
* Support for WordPress’s in-built image wrapping classes and galleries
* Threaded comments (WordPress 2.7+ only)
* Support for asides
* Support for Gravatars
* Option for readers to email posts to friends
* Option to switch to a print-friendly view to print posts